Saturday, September 8, 2007

9/08/2007 TAGGING AND DISCOVER DEL.ICIO.US

At the time that I tried this, I could not access the tutorial. I did, however, browse some of the websites listed under PLCMC. Under one of the sites, I saw that 14 people had bookmarked the particular site. When I looked at it, all that I saw were various photos of people and things that I do not know or were not of interest. Maybe I am missing the big picture of all of this. While I will agree that I think that it is important to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date with information and the latest technology, I still believe that peering into other user's filing cabinet can lead to being wide open to unreliable sources. Without knowing the user that the file cabinet belongs to, how do you know that they are of sound mind to have the most reliable information. Many of the links, I do not understand. This link always leads to another link, which leads to the next link and so on and so on. It seems that too much information is out there. I can see that this would possibly be a tool for research assistance, but again, you would have to make sure that the sources that you found were reliable. Also, in my life, I have not had to research topics which require such indepth work to gain information. Also, I do not spend so much time on the computer that I need to have bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere.

No comments: