Saturday, September 8, 2007

9/08/07 DISCOVER TECHNORATI

First of all, no way do I want Technorati capturing or monitering my blog. I viewed this site and tried to pull up blogging on topics that I find interesting, stained glass, for example. So many blogs appeared with these words in them, however, they had nothing to do with the subject which I was searching. It seems as if people blog about every event that happens in their life just to vent their frustration. Why do I care about what happened to a person when they woke up in the morning? I certainly wish no ill will on anyone, but I do not wish to read blogs about people who just like to hear themselves talk. Why don't they just buy a cheap diary? Why does the world have to know? I did find one blog with which I agree. It was a person who wondered what happens to all the blogs that are inactive or never used again. What valuable space to they take up in the world of technology? Is all of this blogging really necessary. Does blogging and tracking of the blogs open the world up to the crazy people in this world who could be potential predators? Also, I find that the one thing that I notice with all of the blogging is the poor grammar and sentence structure of users. We are supposed to be one of the most intelligent nations in the world, but our people cannot construct a proper sentence. I guess what I am trying to say is that I really do not like any of this, nor do I see its potential usefulness. All of these various blog sites, bookmark sites, and other information sharing sites seem as if they do the same thing just in a different format. I think that they are designed so that there is a whole different "computer-geek" language to make one group of people feel superior to another group of people.

No comments: