Saturday, September 1, 2007

09/01/2007 BLOGLINES - RSS INFORMATION

Bloglines are a very useful and quick way to keep up with news and other information. I like RSS and newsreaders, because they keep you up-to-date on the latest information about a particular subject. You can also see the opinions of others. For myself, I do like to keep up on the news, so I think that I could keep up-to-date with newspapers and other resources more quickly with RSS and newsreaders. However, I do not spend my life on the computer. I prefer to listen to various talk radio stations and keep up with my news that way. I do not want to be tied to the computer. I feel that many people will miss out on what life has to offer, because they are spending way to much time reading all of the feeds. Libraries can use RSS and newsreaders to keep up-to-date with the latest technology and interests of their patrons. In this way, libraries can offer programs and services that will keep current with the interests of patrons. Also, patrons look to the library for current and accurate information. We need to know and be aware of this information so that we can remain a reliable source for the community.

No comments: